Each customer is different; no application is the same. Each application has its own, unique parameters. To illustrate the wide range of possibilities for our products, we list a number of applications below.
Are you looking for examples or application info not listed here?
Let us know!
Because of its excellent performance, rangeability, stability and precision, Equilibar® back pressure regulators are a perfect fit for research applications. Customers are many engineers from universities and research institutions all around the world have chosen Equilibar and as a result, we have wide experience with all kinds of research application. Some interesting examples are explained in this category.
- (High throughput) catalyst screening/research
- Continuous flow chemistry
- Supercritical CO2 pressure control
- Artificial photosynthesis: Combining fermentation & CO2 electrolysis
- Reverse osmosis pressure control
- Core flooding / Core analysis
- Ultra low flow control
- Catalyst research (external application note by Bronkhorst HIgh-Tech)
- Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage, Enhanced Oil Recovery and Hydrates Research
In industrial applications, a product’s most important feature is probably reliability: Good quality and efficient production processes rely on its components to do as planned and expected. With Equilibar, the control of process parameters like pressure, vacuum, and flow, can be designed to be as reliable as you need it to be!
- Energy production
- Fuel cell testing
- Valve test & repair equipment
- Fuel pump testing
- Tank padding/blanketing
- Continuous and semi-continuous extrusion
- Pressure safety disc protection
- Industrial gas blowing
- Sanitary Applications
- (Bio)pharmaceutical filtration
- (Bio)pharmaceutical column chromatography
- CIP and SIP industrial cleaning
- Low flow dosing valves with high CIP flow capacity
- Controlling pump slip in positive displacement pumps
- Food and beverage filling machines
- Single-use control valve
- Crossflow filtration / Tangential flow filtration (TFF)
- WFI user point flow control
- Water for injection systems (WFI)
Flow Control Applications
- Solving flow control challenges using a back pressure regulator
- High-resolution flow control valves
- Supercritical CO2 flow control
- Flow control & small delta-P
- Pump flow control
- Mass flow meter calibration
- Ultra low flow control using Coriolis sensor
Control precision, large Cv range, robustness and its resistance to high temperatures are just part of the reasons that Equilibar back pressure regulators have been successfully applied in vacuum applications by our customers. We explain some of our prior projects below.
Pump Control Applications
- Impuls pump control
- Pump pressure control
- Multi-point consumer pump control
- Pressure disruption minimization
- Slip/leak control